Monday, July 27, 2009

Thing #16

Okay I get the idea of what a wiki is...however, I still need to filter on the uses. I can definitely see where using a wiki for my writing lessons...for the students to collaborate in groups to edit and refine their papers. And, I think I could definitely use wikis for book discussions too and history research projects. My big concern is that there doesn't seem to be alot of security on the wiki page...as such, it looks like a student could have their work lost if someone goes on to the wiki and changes it...hmmm not sure about all that so I'm going to check out the other resources to see what they say about security. It was fun though posting a wiki on the sandbox!

1 comment:

  1. you can control who is able to write in the wiki and you would be able to see you edits a page and when

    ReplyDelete