Monday, June 22, 2009

Thing #7

Very cool tools on Google! I did set up a calendar for myself and it was really easy. I tried to search a couple of items on Google Scholar, but it was working very slow. But I've had problems using Google while I have the Spring Branch server up. I'm going to try searching some more after I close SBVPN. I really liked being able to search for powerpoints...after all why re-invent the wheel. Since I teach two content areas, I need all the time savers I can get. Finally, Google Docs looked pretty user friendly...so I'm going to play with that alot more!

7 comments:

  1. I love all of the google tools. The Google Docs is great for opening incompatible documents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like like using the Google calendar. There is so many things to do with google enoying exploring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the google tools too! Especially the calendar. But I'm not sure if I need that along with the Outlook caledar. Prior to this, I've only used Google wolds and as a search engine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Google docs is great for sharing without having to email attachments to people. I used it quite a lot last year as I moved from school to school. I was able to work on something at one campus and finish it at another without using a flashdrive or sending it to myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another great way to use Google docs is as a collaboration piece amongst peers. You can share a document with other users and everyone can edit the same document. I have used this feature for graduate school projects and I have shared it with teams of teachers when planning. That way they can all edit one lesson plan shell and then save it and tweak the specifics for their students. They really enjoy this. I hope you find some great ways to utilize this tool!

    ReplyDelete
  6. google is always very slow for me too, if it works at all, when I am on the SPVN sever.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have to make a comment that has nothing to do with your post. It is so funny, your avatar is so similar to mine, Stonehenge and a dog. I looked at your personal information and I am a teacher, one year older than you and we have the same hobbies. Different school districts though, I'm at SBISD. What grade do you teach?

    ReplyDelete