Friday, June 19, 2009

Thing 6

Whew...the actual article explaining 'mashups' on Wiki was alittle beyond me. Well, it was way beyond me by the time I started reading about APIs. But some of the 'mashups' I checked out were pretty cool. Loved Mappr! It would be so cool to create a map and place vacation photos on the map showing every place we've (the family) gone (but I think I read something about Mappr not using Flickr image anymore.) Retievr was way cool and has the makings of becoming a cool poster tool...I may work on that for my Language Arts classes. I usually have them make a mosaic of sorts using magazine photos and images to represent who they are as individuals. Hopefully, they grasp the idea of symbolism by the end of the activity. I would be cool to do it with photos on Retrievr. Definitely need to spend some more time playing with these.

3 comments:

  1. Yes all of this can be overwhelming and 'whew' is a feeling you many experience more along this journey. Sounds like you have already come up with a great project for you LA students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had a lot of fun with Retrievr. I like your idea for the mosaic to teach symbolism

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first time I had tried to make a mosaic using a website. It was fun looking for photographs to illustrate my theme. I didn't try Retrievr... I will have to try it out since it seems to be a good site.

    ReplyDelete